Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guard Your Heart

2 Samuel 3; 1 Chronicles 12; Matthew 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Guard Your Heart

Scripture

Matthew 15

8 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. 19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20 These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.”

Observation

We worry about the wrong stuff. We need to guard our hearts. What comes out of our mouths first began in our hearts. Have you ever heard someone say after someone said something very mean and hateful, “Oh they didn't mean that.” Excuse me, yes they did. It came straight from their old evil heart. Are you ever shocked by what comes out of your mouth? Do you ever wonder how you could be that mean, or how you could ever be that evil? It is because the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked.

Garbage in...garbage out! Careful what you allow to go into your heart because you can be sure that it will come out of your mouth eventually!

Application

I will guard my heart today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me guard my heart today. Don't let me allow garbage to get into my heart today. Help me keep my eyes straight ahead and my thoughts on what is pleasing to You. Help me accomplish everything you want me to accomplish today to get ready for Sunday. You are a Wonderful Heavenly Father!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: