Saturday, April 09, 2011

Why God Provides Us With More Than We Need

1 Samuel 6; 1 Samuel 7; Psalm 72; 2 Corinthians 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Why God Provides Us With More Than We Need

Scripture

2 Corinthians 9

7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” 8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.

Observation

God provides us with more than enough to live on so we can be generous with others around us that are in need. He never gave us more than need for us to spend it on ourselves.

You may say, “God hasn't provided me with more than I need because just look at all of this debt I owe.” If you and I have accumulated debt and we have nothing to show for it then it could very well be that we have spent the extra that God provided for us on ourselves instead of being generous and helping others. It is the law of the harvest. If you and I have sowed sparingly then we will also reap sparingly.

Application

God provides us with more than we need but He expects that the extra go to others and not on ourselves. I will look for ways to share with others.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a cheerful giver. Help me to be generous with those around me. Show me who I can help.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: