Thursday, April 21, 2011

Possessions Get in the Way of Following Jesus

1 Samuel 24; Psalm 57; Psalm 58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

LinkPossessions Get in the Way of Following Jesus

Scripture

Matthew 8

20 But Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head.”

Observation

Are you a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ? What kind of follower are you? What kind of follower am I? Are you willing to follow Jesus where ever He would lead you? Am I? What if He wants you to live without the creature comforts that now surround you? What if you didn't have a house to live in? What if you had to really rough it with no electricity, no running water, no indoor plumbing would you still follow Him?

We are so much like the religious teacher who told Jesus that he was willing to follow Jesus anywhere and Jesus reminded him that Jesus had no home to call his own, He didn't even have His own bed to sleep on. Obviously after Jesus told this man that the man was probably not going to follow Him.

Are you willing to give up everything to follow Jesus? Am I? It is a huge question.

Application

I want to be able to follow Jesus where ever He would want me to go. I will pray for a willing and obedient heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I write this I am reminded of the air conditioning that surrounds me and all of the other creature comforts that I enjoy. Help me to be willing to leave it all and go where ever You would want me to go. Show us and help us to see Your hand. Guide us and make us to be willing to leave everything to serve You. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: