Friday, June 24, 2011

Help Me To Be Content

2 Kings 11; 2 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Help Me To Be Content


Scripture

1 Timothy 6

6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

Observation

Do you have enough food and clothes? If you do and if I do then we should be content. Look around...nothing is going with you when you leave this earth. Think about it, all your stuff and all my stuff is just stuff. It doesn't bring contentment and it isn't true wealth. True wealth is what we can take with us to Heaven or actually it is what we have already sent up ahead.

What we do for the Kingdom is the only thing that will not pass away. All of our stuff will either break or wear out, or just become the property of someone else eventually, but true riches that are sent ahead to Heaven waiting and are waiting for us.

Application

I will strive to live out verse six today, “Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to live a godly life and I want to be content with just serving You. I pray that when I get to Heaven I will have something to show for my life here on earth. I don't want to get to Heaven and realize that I messed up while I was here on earth. I want to finish well. I want to live for You until the moment You take me to Heaven. Help me to live out verse six today. Help me be content.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: