Friday, June 03, 2011

Who Are You Living To Please?

Proverbs 25; Proverbs 26; Proverbs 27; Romans 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Who Are You Living To Please?

Scripture

Romans 15

2 “We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. 3 For even Christ didn’t live to please himself...”

Observation

Most of the time I must admit that I am living to please myself. You can always tell whether you are living to please yourself or living to please others by how grumpy you get when your plans get messed up. Did you get it... “Your Plans”?
You have plans for your day off and what happens, “somebody messes up your plans” with plans of their own. How dare they mess up my plans! But if we were seeking to serve others then it would have fit in perfectly with our plans because our plans would have included all interruptions.

I am not there yet. I am way too self centered and worry way too much about my plans and what I plan to do. A verse that I read this week said that the Lord directs our paths and if that is the case He also brings those interruptions into our lives doesn't He? He does it so we can serve people. Who are you living to please? Who am I living to please?

Application

I will serve the Lord today by serving others. I will serve those that come into my life as interruptions! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me help others today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: