Saturday, June 25, 2011

Spirit of Power, Love, and Self-discipline

Joel 1; Joel 2; Joel 3; 2 Timothy 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Spirit of Power, Love, and Self-discipline

Scripture

2 Timothy 1

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 8. So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord...

Observation

No excuse...we have the Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline! So we should never be ashamed to tell others about Jesus! Paul was encouraging Timothy to stay strong and not be bashful about sharing his faith. I think Timothy was a little timid, probably an introvert and Paul seemed to think that he might be a little afraid.

All of us need a Paul in our life to give us a kick us in the rear end to keep us moving in the right direction!

Application

I will put into practice verse 8 and I will not be ashamed to share my faith today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given me the Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline so help me today share my faith with boldness. Help me get everything done to get ready for a big day tomorrow at church. I pray that people would be saved and lives would be changed as we worship You tomorrow. Thank You for the lives that have been changed this week at Kid's Camp and the block party at the Oaks at Riverview.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: