Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Life In Christ

1 Kings 17; 1 Kings 18; 1 Kings 19; Colossians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Link
New Life In Christ

Scripture

Colossians 2

6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Observation

Let your roots grow down into Christ! Are you deeply grounded in Christ? Are you overflowing with thankfulness? It would be a good test as to whether you are deeply grounded in Christ. If you and I are not overflowing with thankfulness then it may be a sign of how shallow our faith may be.

Is your life built on Christ? How much time are you spending with the Lord everyday? Do you spend time in His word as soon as you get up? Do you pray to Him during the night?

9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

You are complete if you have accepted Christ. Our union with Christ joins us in a special relationship to God our Heavenly Father.

Application

I will follow Christ today. I will be thankful today for all that He has done for me and for who I am in Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have provided a way for me to have a special relationship with You through the Lord Jesus Christ. Help me to follow Him today. For in Him lives all the fullness of You in a human body. Help me to have a grateful heart that overflows with thankfulness. You are so good. I am blessed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: