Monday, June 13, 2011

I Want to Know Him

1 Kings 13; 1 Kings 14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


I Want to Know Him

Scripture

Philippians 3

“...I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead”!

Observation

Paul wanted to know Christ. He wanted to experience the mighty power that raised Christ from the dead. I do too. The rest of the verse is the difficult part to understand where he says, “I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death”. It is easy to say I want to experience the resurrection power of Christ, but to share in his death, that is difficult. I think it goes along with Galatians 2:20 where Paul says “I am crucified with Christ” never the less I live. It is living a life totally committed to God and to what God wants and not what we want. It is putting Him first in our lives. It is a daily commitment. We have to die to ourselves daily.

Application

I will put Christ first in my life today. I want to experience His resurrection power.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want You to be Lord of my life today. I want to live for You. I want to have the heart for You that Paul had. I want to please You today with my thoughts and with my actions. Help me to do just that. Don't let me sin. Keep me focused on Your priorities today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: