Friday, June 10, 2011

Why We Need To Be Prayed Up!

Song of Solomon 1; Song of Solomon 2; Song of Solomon 3; Song of Solomon 4; Ephesians 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Why We Need To Be Prayed Up!

Scripture

Ephesians 6

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Observation

This verse is preceded by the fact that our battle is not with the people around us, “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”

This is always good to remember because we sometimes think that people are the problem, but the problem goes way beyond the mean people that we sometimes have to deal with. Our battle is really against forces that we can't see and Paul says that they are mighty powers. Evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world they are the ones that are really giving us problems. Wow! This is serious stuff.

“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion” would pretty much mean all the time wouldn't it! Persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere also covers a lot of ground. Prayer must be very important in this battle against this evil world we live in. It must make a difference or God wouldn't tell us to pray.

Application

When I pray for people today I will pray for them with the understanding that my prayers will make a difference.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, guide me to pray for the people today that need for me to pray for them. I know that we are in a war. My enemies are not flesh-and-blood, but they are evil rulers and authorities in the unseen world. So help me to pray like I should. Thank You for hearing my prayers. Thank You for being so good to me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: