Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thankfulness Is The Key To A Successful Prayer Life!

1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; 2 Chronicles 19; Colossians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Thankfulness Is The Key To A Successful Prayer Life!

Scripture

Colossians 4

2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. 3 Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. 4 Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.

Observation

We are to have an alert mind and a thankful heart when we pray. We should pray for others that they are able to proclaim the message of Christ clearly. I have some friends that are getting ready to go to Uganda on a two week mission trip. I pray that they will be able to communicate the message of Christ clearly and that the Lord's hand is on them as they go.

Do you have a thankful heart? What have you thanked God for during the past 8 hours? Life is too difficult and complicated to handle without God's help and if you have God's help then you need a thankful heart. God loves to be thanked. It is an act of worship.

Application

I will thank God all day today for everything that comes to my mind!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Millie and Hugh as they go to Uganda. I pray that they will be able to communicate the Gospel clearly. I pray that You bless them and their team with success. I pray that Your kingdom would be extended through their efforts. Give them favor with the local authorities and give them traveling safety. Help me to have a thankful heart as we start this week of kids camp at our church.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: