Saturday, April 14, 2012

All We Have To Do Is Obey God And He Will Bless Us – Why Is That So Hard?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 15; 1 Samuel 16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1

All We Have To Do

Is Obey God 

And He Will Bless Us – Why Is That So Hard?

Scripture

1 Samuel 15

22 But Samuel replied,
“What is more pleasing to the Lord:
    your burnt offerings and sacrifices
    or your obedience to his voice?
 
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
    and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
 
23 Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft,
    and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols.
 
So because you have rejected the command of the Lord,
    he has rejected you as king.”
Observation                     

All King Saul had to do was to obey and do what the Lord had told him to do. He would have been a successful king. God would have blessed him and He would have blessed the nation of Israel. King Saul disobeyed over and over again and God took the kingdom away from him and gave it to David.

The lesson for us is this. Nothing is more pleasing to the Lord that our obedience to Him. NOTHING! Did you get that – NOTHING!

Tomorrow is Sunday. It is the Lord’s Day.

He has instructed all of us Christ Followers that we are to be in His House on His Day. Can’t get any more direct with a command than that and we all know it – yet – tomorrow many Christ Followers will make the decision to disobey God and they will stay home and maybe sleep in, they will go to a theme park, or they will go fishing or something just as bad (you only catch Devil fish on Sundays).

Now let me ask a question: Who loses when we choose to disobey God?

Saul paid a huge price for his disobedience. The Spirit of the Lord left him and a tormenting spirit came to torment him. He lived in constant fear and spent most of the rest of his time as king trying to kill David.
Here are few good verses on Obedience:

“And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the LORD your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul.  Deuteronomy 10:12

Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me. Exodus 19:5

But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands. Deuteronomy 5:10

This is what I told them: ‘Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do everything as I say, and all will be well!’ Jeremiah 7:23

And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him. 1 John 3:22

Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. Romans 6:16

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” John 14:21 

Application

I will seek to obey God rather than do things just to please Eddy this week. How about you?
  
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to obey You today. I know that you are delighted with us when we make the choice to obey You. I pray that tomorrow will be a day that brings You much glory. I pray for everyone that is working hard to make tomorrow a very special day of worship and celebration. I pray for Kevin and his team as they do all the hard work of preparing a meal for the entire church. Help them do it with joy and help them do it for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: