Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Don’t Be Afraid You Are More Valuable To God Than A Whole Flock Of Sparrows


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 27; Psalm 141; 1 Chronicles 9; Matthew 10

Don’t Be Afraid

You Are More Valuable To God 

Than A Whole Flock Of Sparrows

Scripture

Matthew 10

29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. 30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Observation

This blog is a day late in being written but I do now have a story to go with the passage. During the night I heard the annoying sound of one of our smoke alarms beeping because the battery needed to be changed. It was a constant, every couple of minutes, irritating beep! I couldn’t stand it! ... The story goes down hill from here on!

So I climbed up in a chair to get to the beeping smoke alarm - first mistake. 

I then tried to take the smoke alarm apart in the dark -second mistake. 

I couldn’t get it apart in the dark to get the dead battery out so I decided to get down off the chair and turn on a light - third and final mistake! 

The chair flipped and I crashed to the floor but before hitting the floor my head grazed the corner of the dresser that was in my body’s path! 

Here is the truth from the passage: “Not a single sparrow or Eddy can fall to the ground without our Heavenly Father knowing it!”

Minor little gash in my head with very little blood loss so I didn’t have to go to the hospital “zero cost”  - Having a wife that is a nurse – priceless!

God is so good. He has His Angel(s) watching over us. He places a very high value on us! He protects us even we do something that is stupid! 

Application

I am going to find a small ladder to use inside the house (just kidding – that is not my application) even though I am going to do that. We have one somewhere. 

I am going to Thank God all day today for His watchful care over me and His watchful care over all those that I love.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize how close I came last night to meeting You face to face. Just a couple of inches closer to that dresser and I would have probably open my eyes in Glory. I am looking forward to that day, but I am glad that it wasn’t last night. I am highly valued by You. I am not worthy of the value that You place on me. I am a sinner. I am nothing and yet You think that I am something special. Thank You for loving me so much. You are Mighty God. Nothing gets by Your watchful eye. Nothing catches You by surprise. 

I pray for Dennis right now as he goes through surgery. I pray for his healing. Touch his life and heal his body for Your Glory and for Your Honor. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: