Thursday, April 19, 2012

To All You Worrywarts Out There Here Is What Jesus Has To Say To You!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6 

To All You Worrywarts Out There

Here Is What Jesus Has To Say

To You!

Scripture

Matthew 6 

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. 

Observation

There is a very thin line between “concerned” and “worried”. I can be concerned about my health and that would be OK, but if it constantly was on my mind and it consumes my thought life then I have crossed from “concerned” to “worried”. 

I know some folks that have some big surgeries coming up over the next couple of weeks. I pray for them that God will give them His supernatural peace and I also pray that He gives their family members the same kind of supernatural peace to be able to deal with their sick loved one. 

God says in Philippians 4:6-7Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

I love how Jesus closes this chapter, 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. 

Today’s trouble is enough for today – so lets don’t add any more to it! 

Application

When I catch myself worrying about something today I will pray about it instead! How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, worry and fear are actually just a lack of faith on our part in You. Help me to be a person of faith. Give me strength to trust You with every part of my life. I pray for Dennis and I also pray for Renee who are both facing big surgeries very soon. Help them to pray and not worry. Give them Your supernatural peace. I pray that You guide the surgeon’s hands and You take care of every detail of their lives. Give them quick recoveries and I pray that You heal them completely for Your glory and honor!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: