Monday, April 09, 2012

You Better Not Be Stingy Remember This Here Is How You Really Make God Smile


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 6; 1 Samuel 7; Psalm 72; 2 Corinthians 9 

You Better Not Be Stingy

Remember This

Here Is How You Really Make God Smile

Scripture

2 Corinthians 9 

Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 

Observation

I didn’t get to plant a garden this year, but if I had of planted a garden I know that the more I plant the more harvest I will have. It is the law of the harvest. The Apostle Paul says that it is the same way when we are generous with what God provides us. God will generously provide all that we need and more than we need so that we have plenty left over to share with others. 

So many people have helped Kathy and I during these months after my heart attack. They have been so generous. God will certainly bless them for their generosity and give them more so they can bless others. Kathy and I must also be generous with what the Lord has provided us so that we can be a blessing to others around us too. 

God loves a generous giver! We are so much like God when we give away what He has given us.  

Application


I will look this week at who I can help with a financial need and help them. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know we make You Smile when we share what You have given us with the people around us. Help us be generous and not stingy. Help us trust You will what You have provided us. You have always taken care of us. You will always take care of us. Help us to be generous just like You. Bless those who have been such a blessing to us!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: