Friday, April 20, 2012

When A Storm Comes Into Your Life Will It Wash You Away? Depends On What You Have Built Your Life On!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7

When A Storm Comes Into Your Life

Will It Wash You Away? 

Depends On What You Have Built Your Life On!

Scripture

Matthew 7

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 

26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

Observation

I have a high school friend who I have kept up with through the years. He has come to church with me several times and he has heard the Gospel. He had dedicated his life to having a good time, life as one big party. It was like he got stuck in the mindset that he and I had in high school.
Over the years he has become more and more resistant about coming to church or hearing anything about God or spiritual things. The last time I asked him to come to church he told me that it was not his kind of thing.
I heard from some friends that he was having problems in his marriage. He now risks losing everything.

It is still not too late for him to begin building his foundation on Christ, but this storm happening right now in his life may wash lots of what is precious to him away.

Jesus Christ is the Rock to build your life and your marriage on! Storms will come and you are going to need the firm foundation of a life built on Christ to survive the storms.

Jesus says that anyone who rejects His teaching is a “fool”. Don’t be a fool. Follow Jesus Christ and let Him sustain you through the storms of life!

Application

I will continue to share with my friend about Jesus and I will not give up.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend who has been foolish to reject You. Now he needs to turn to You for help. I pray that You take off the spiritual blinders that have kept him from Your truth and I pray that he puts his faith and trust in You soon and I pray that he turns from his life of sin and self. Put his marriage back together. Work in the life of his wife too. May they both find help in You!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: