Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Do You Have A “Life Verse”? This Is My Life Verse … And Here Is Why …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 20; 1 Samuel 21; Psalm 34; Matthew 5

Do You Have A “Life Verse”? 

This Is My Life Verse …

And Here Is Why …

Scripture

Matthew 5

16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

Observation

When I was a young child I used to walk to church with my Granny and that is when I must have learned Matthew 5:16. My Granny got too sick to walk to church after I was around nine years old so I must have learned Matthew 5:16 before I was ten! Doing good works and glorifying the Father is what living on this earth is all about. It is what we were created to do!

You and I are supposed to shine before the people around us! They need to see our good works so the Father in heaven can get the glory! We shouldn’t do good works to draw attention to ourselves or to get any self-recognition or self-glory. If we get rewarded in that way then we have our reward and we will miss God’s reward! 

Application

I will continue to let my light my shine before men, that they may see my good works, and glorify my Father, which is in heaven.   

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that we don’t do good works to get to Heaven. It is Your Grace that allows us to go to Heaven. You paid a high price, Your only Son’s death for our salvation. But we are Your masterpiece created to do good works so help us to serve You with all of our hearts and help us shine on all of those around us. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: