Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Could You Be Sinning Against The Lord By Failing To Pray For Someone Oh Yes …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 11; 1 Samuel 12; 1 Chronicles 1; 2 Corinthians 11 

Could You Be Sinning Against The Lord

By Failing To Pray For Someone

Oh Yes …

Scripture

1 Samuel 12

23 "I would never sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you…”

Observation

Have you ever thought that you might be sinning against the Lord when you fail to pray for people? We find Samuel at the last part of his life. (1 Samuel 12:1 Samuel spoke to all of the people of Israel. He said, "I've done everything you asked me to do. I've placed a king over you. 2 Now you have a king as your leader. But I'm old. My hair is gray.)

Even though the people now had the king that they had wrongfully asked for Samuel let them know that he was still going to be praying for them. In fact, he said that if he didn’t pray for them it would be a sin against the Lord. 

How seriously do you pray for people? Do you pray for your pastor every day?  Do you pray for your children and if you are old like I am do you pray for your grandchildren? How about young Christians that are just beginning to grow in Christ? Do you pray for them? 

The one thing that I can do even with my health compromised and the one thing that I better do is pray for other people. God spared my life. He brought me back from the dead. He has given me the opportunity to intercede for people and it would be a sin against the Lord if I didn’t pray. 

How about you? Who should you be praying for right now? Who came to your mind when I mentioned prayer? Pray for them. God will hear your prayers. He wants us to intercede for those around us.

Application

I will continue to pray for those that God places on my heart.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, no matter how sick I get or how my health in the future may fail there is one thing that I can always do and that is to pray for those who you place on my heart. Help me to be faithful in praying for people. I know that you respond to our prayers and nothing brings You more joy than for You to hear us pray. Thank You for allowing us the privilege of praying for others. You are an Awesome God. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: