Sunday, April 15, 2012

Are You Facing Any Giants In Your Life Today? Here Is How You Defeat Them! From One Of The Greatest Stories In God’s Word…

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2

Are You Facing Any Giants In Your Life Today?

Here Is How You Defeat Them!

From One Of The Greatest Stories In God’s Word…

Scripture

1 Samuel 17

40 He picked up five smooth stones from a stream and put them into his shepherd’s bag. Then, armed only with his shepherd’s staff and sling, he started across the valley to fight the Philistine.

41 Goliath walked out toward David with his shield bearer ahead of him, 42 sneering in contempt at this ruddy-faced boy. 43 “Am I a dog,” he roared at David, “that you come at me with a stick?” And he cursed David by the names of his gods. 44 “Come over here, and I’ll give your flesh to the birds and wild animals!” Goliath yelled.

45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 

 46 Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! 47 And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!”

Observation

From every angle this story just amazes me and it gives me tremendous confidence in my God. I love David’s last sentence to the Goliath, “This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give it to us!”
I think we all need to say that phrase over and over again at least fifty times until it sticks in our brains! The battle is not ours. The battle is the Lord’s. 

It is so easy to forget this truth when we are in the middle of a fight. In the midst of the battle is may be hard to remember that the battle is not ours – the battle is the Lord’s!

What giants do you have in your life? How are you going to fight them? Have you been fighting them alone? Maybe the giant in your life is your health, maybe your giant is your job or lack of a job, maybe it is a relationship, or relationships, like a hostile or indifferent husband or wife, a troubled child – rebellious teenager, or maybe it is your sick and aging parents. 

There are so many Giants out there we sure do not need to fight them alone, but so many of us are doing just that. 

If you have been going it alone battling all your giants by your lonesome then maybe it is time to realize that like David you can call on the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies and let Him fight your battles. 

Application

To every battle in my life I say, “This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give it to me!”

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know the battles that I have going on in my life. They are your battles and I call on You for help. Thank You for hearing me and thank You for coming to my rescue. I am not alone. I pray for those that might read this who have been facing serious issues in his or her’ life that they might today call on You for help! Nothing is too hard for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: