Thursday, April 11, 2013

As For Me, I Will Certainly Not Sin Against The LORD By Ending My Prayers For You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 11; 1 Samuel 12; 1 Chronicles 1; 2 Corinthians 11 

As For Me,

I Will Certainly Not Sin Against The LORD

By Ending My Prayers For You.

Scripture

1 Samuel 12

23 “As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right.

Observation

Praying for others is one of the most important tasks we have as believers. If you really believe that God answers our prayers then it only makes sense to pray for those around you.

Who did you pray for this morning? Did you pray for their salvation? Did you pray for their healing? Did you pray for God to meet their physical needs?

I believe that there is no greater joy, next to someone surrendering their life to Christ, than for God to hear the prayers of His people. We were created for fellowship with Him and there is no fellowship if we are not talking to Him.

When we thank God for what He is doing in the lives of those around us God says that it is a sacrifice that honors Him.

Samuel believed that if he did not intercede for the people then it was sin. I believe it too.


Application

I will pray for people today as the Lord brings them to my mind.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to pray for others today. I know that You are pleased when I focus my attention on other people rather than on myself. Give me a heart like Samuel’s for the people that You bring into my life. I pray for our friends in Texas who we are going to spend time with this weekend. Bless them. May Your face shine brightly on them. Give us a great weekend of fellowship together. You are a Mighty God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: