Tuesday, April 02, 2013

He Uses Us To Spread The Knowledge Of Christ Everywhere, Like A Sweet Perfume


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 13; Judges 14; Judges 15; Judges 16; 2 Corinthians 2

He Uses Us To Spread

The Knowledge Of Christ Everywhere,

Like A Sweet Perfume

Scripture

2 Corinthians 2

14 But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.
 
15 Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.

Observation

At Christ Fellowship there is a special lady that everyone calls Miss Mildred. She has worked in our preschool lets just say for a very, very, very long time. Lets just say that she is over 90 years young and she still serves in our preschool. She is one of the kindest and sweetest people you will ever meet. If you haven’t had the chance to meet her she attends the 9 am worship service and then she serves in the preschool at 10 am.

I love it when I have the opportunity on a Sunday morning to give Miss Mildred a hug and a kiss. Yes, I do kiss girls at church who are 80 and over! When I give Miss Mildred a hug and a kiss on her cheek I smell her perfume or powder and that great fragrance stays with me all day long as I serve at church.

We are like Miss Mildred’s perfume or at least we should be like that. With the people we come in contact with we should be like a sweet Christ-like perfume.

Application

 I will find Miss Mildred on Sunday morning and give her a hug and a kiss. I will also strive to be a Christ-like fragrance to those around me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I thank You for allowing me the opportunity to meet someone as faithful as Mildred McLeod. She is a joy. I know that she makes You smile. I pray that You give strength to all of our elderly. I pray that You help them to sense Your presence and I pray that You meet their needs. Help me be an influence, a Christ-like fragrance to the lost around me as they have been. I pray for Archie Bush and his family in the loss of his son Jimmie. I pray that You comfort them and help them through this difficult time.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: