Saturday, April 27, 2013

“You Have So Little Faith,” Jesus said, “Why Did You Doubt Me?”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 2; 1 Chronicles 11; Psalm 142; Matthew 14 

“You Have So Little Faith,”

Jesus said, 

“Why Did You Doubt Me?”

Scripture

Matthew 14 

24 Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves. 25 About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!”

27 But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”
28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.

So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.
31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”

32 When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped. 33 Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.

Observation

Storms … life is full of them! If you are not going through one lately, have not just gone through one, then get ready because you are getting ready to get hit by one!

How do you weather the storms of life?

Peter was the only one that stepped out of the boat to walk on water that night and walk towards Jesus. Nobody else even got out of the stinking boat, but Peter got the rebuke for having “little faith”. Jesus was preparing Peter for bigger storms that would come later in his life.

Peter would become the leader of the church in Jerusalem and the church and Peter would face tremendous persecution. It would take “water walking faith” to endure what was coming Peter’s way!

So are you going through a storm right now? Don’t be afraid. Take courage that Jesus is here.

The storm you are experiencing right now can build your faith … if you let it! Put your faith in Jesus Christ. Keep your eyes on Him. Don’t look down at the rough waves of the storm.

Focus on Jesus and He will get us through the storm.

Application

As I face the storms of life I will keep my focus and my faith on Jesus!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t know what people do when the storms of life hit them and they don’t have Jesus. It must be totally hopeless. I will put my trust in You because You are my help. You will rescue me from any storm that comes my way. You are my Savior. You rescue me from danger. I am Your child. I am secure in the Palm of Your Hand. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: