Monday, April 29, 2013

I Will Build My Church And The Gates Of Hades Will Not Overcome It.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 4; 2 Samuel 5; Psalm 139; Matthew 16

I Will Build

My Church

And The Gates Of Hades Will Not Overcome It.

Scripture

Matthew 16

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Observation

Two things about the church: 1. It belongs to Jesus! 2. Nothing will overcome it!

I like that. How about you?

The church will survive and not only survive, but the church will thrive. It will not be defeated. It will conquer darkness. It will be the Light to a very dark world.

What do you think about the church you attend?

I love our church – Christ Fellowship! Every Sunday I love meeting new people and seeing the church alive and well. Lives are being changed one by one. People are excited. It is contagious!

We have a city to reach! The church is what our city needs. People are in need of a Savior. They need to hear about Jesus.

Application

I will strive this week to help our church be all that Christ wants it to be. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help the new believers in our church to grow. Keep them away from sin. Thank You for all of those who serve each week at Christ Fellowship. Thank You for our lead team. Thank You for pastor Bruce and his wife Heather and their daughter Gwyn. Continue to bless our church and continue to use our church to reach those in our city.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: