Wednesday, April 17, 2013

“Come, Follow Me, And I Will Show You How To Fish For People!”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 19; 1 Chronicles 7; Psalm 59; Matthew 4 

“Come, Follow Me,

And I Will Show You 

How To Fish For People!”

Scripture

Matthew 4 

18 One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers—Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew—throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. 19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” 20 And they left their nets at once and followed him.

Observation

Kathy and I just got back from a trip to Texas to be with some of our very best friends, Hugh and Millie Roberts and Dave and Ann Tucker, Mike and Carolyn Cleveland. Our friendship with the Roberts and Tuckers goes back over 40 years when we were in the same Sunday department at Spencer Memorial Baptist church (now called Christ Fellowship)! Mike and Carolyn have been our friends for over 37 years! We are blessed with very good friends!

We had a wonderful time while we were in Texas. Sunday afternoon we sat on their back porch listening to everyone share funny stories and I laughed until I hurt.

Our son Tim went with us. It was a fishing trip that I wanted him to make last year with me but I was to sick for us to make the trip last spring.

Here is a true fish story … 

We caught more fish than you could imagine! In one day we caught over 150 bass! And I am sure that we caught way over 300 bass over the 5 days we were there fishing. Tim caught a large mouth bass that weighed 8 pounds and I caught an 8 ¾ pound hybrid bass! Hugh and Tim each caught hybrids that were just about the same size as mine! It was incredible! Hugh is an awesome fishing guide!

As fun as catching those fish was this past weekend I think it has been a lot more fun fishing for people over the past 40+ years! Each one of those friends that I mentioned above have been faithfully fishing for people the entire time that we have known each other! I am very proud of them. They have served the Lord faithfully in their local churches and have always been positive leaders wherever God has led them to serve.

Application

I will continue to fish for people (and fish) every chance I get. How about you?  

Prayer


Heavenly Father, help me to be a good fisher of men. Bring people into my life that need a relationship with Jesus and help me bring them to Him. Thank You for my friends in Texas. Thank You for all the good friends You have given us in every place where we have lived. 


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: