Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Tired From Carrying Heavy Loads, And I Will Give You Rest.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 28; 1 Samuel 29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11

Come To Me,

All Of You Who Are Tired From Carrying Heavy Loads,

And I Will Give You Rest.
 
Scripture

Matthew 11

28 “Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. 

29 Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest. 30 For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light.”

Observation

If you and I are weighted down this morning and already worn out maybe it is because we are trying to live life without the help of Jesus.

Life is tough! Remember what Jesus said,

    "... In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

God never intended for us to live this life without His help. 

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1

 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;” Psalm 23:4    

Application

I will depend on Jesus to lighten my load today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t intend to live out this day without Your help. You are my God. You are my Strength. Nothing is too hard for You. Help me to go through this day taking everything to You in prayer. Don’t let me think that I can deal with things today on my own. Because You are my Shepherd I have everything that I need. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: