Friday, April 26, 2013

But You Have God-Blessed Eyes – Eyes That See! And God Blessed-Ears –- Ears That Hear!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13


But You Have God-Blessed Eyes – Eyes That See!

And 

God Blessed-Ears –- Ears That Hear!

Scripture

Matthew 13

Your ears are open but you don’t hear a thing.
    Your eyes are awake but you don’t see a thing.

 
The people are blockheads!
They stick their fingers in their ears
    so they won’t have to listen;

 
They screw their eyes shut
    so they won’t have to look,
    so they won’t have to deal with me face-to-face
    and let me heal them.


16-17 “But you have God-blessed eyes—eyes that see! And God-blessed ears—ears that hear! 

Observation

One of the words that I over use the most is the word “knucklehead” but after reading this passage in the Message translation I may start over using the word “blockhead” too!

Those of us that have heard and received the Good News about Jesus Christ are very blessed. We are very fortunate! No one can come to God unless God gives them spiritual eyes and spiritual ears! So if you are a Christ – follower you have God-blessed eyes and God-blessed ears!

As we share the Good News with others and as we pray for others around us lets be sure to pray that God gives them the ability to understand the Gospel. 

Application

I will pray for my lost friends today that God gives them God-blessed eyes and God-blessed ears so they can be saved.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I believe and I know that You hear our prayers. I know that You can give spiritual understanding to those we pray for. You did that for me and I didn’t deserve it and I know that You can do it for them too. I pray today that You put on my heart those who You want me to pray for. 

I pray for everyone that will attend Worship United tonight. I pray that you open up the eyes and hearts of everyone attending. I pray that the Gospel is shared tonight and I pray that You give spiritual understanding to those who will attend that do not yet know You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: