Monday, April 22, 2013

You, God, Are My God, Earnestly I Seek You; I Thirst For You, My Whole Being Longs For You,


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 25; 1 Samuel 26; Psalm 63; Matthew 9

You, God, Are My God,

Earnestly I Seek You;

I Thirst For You, My Whole Being Longs For You,

Scripture

Psalm 63

You, God, are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;

 
I thirst for you,
    my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water.


Observation

Does this describe your life and my life? Do you and I thirst for God? Does our whole being long for God?

Yesterday, I found out that several people who I love went backwards in their Christian walk; instead of moving closer to God they were tripped up by sin and messed up.

It is a reminder for us. We need to be in God’s Word everyday. We need to be earnestly seeking Him. It is also a reminder that if you and I don’t set boundaries for our lives and if you and I don’t stick to those boundaries then we could do the same thing that they did.

I remind myself all the time of this fact, when I am not walking close to the Lord that Eddy Williams is capable of any sin. I could do just what these folks did. I could do far worse!

Application

 I will pray for these friends and family members who are struggling in their Christian walk.

Prayer

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.  …with singing lips my mouth will praise you. Psalm 63:1-5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: