Tuesday, April 30, 2013

“If You Have Faith As Small As A Mustard Seed…”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17

“If You Have 

Faith

As Small As A Mustard Seed…”

Scripture

Matthew 17

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”

20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
 
Observation

A week ago Monday we prayed for one of the members in our life group who has been constantly having migraine headaches. Medicine had not helped him stop from having these headaches and he has been dealing with these severe headaches for months. Last Monday night our life group circled around him and prayed and asked God to take away those headaches.

Last night when he came to our life group meeting he said that he wanted to share “a praise” with us and he told us that for the past week he had not had a migraine headache.

My immediate response in my heart was that of surprise and then I was reminded of what a wonderful and powerful God we serve. Our life group laughed and someone in the group jokingly said to the group, “Wow, can you lay hands on me and pray for me too!”

It was a lesson for our small group that God does hear and answer our prayers.

Faith as small as a mustard seed is all we need to do the impossible!


Application

 I will continue to pray for God to do the seemingly impossible in people’s lives.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I pray and talk with You today I pray knowing that You hear me and I know that You want to answer my requests! Thank You for teaching our life group that our prayers are powerful because we are praying to an All-Powerful God. Nothing is too hard or impossible for You. I pray for my brother Rick who will have surgery in a few days. I pray that You will meet all of his needs and that You will completely heal his body. 

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves… Psalm 68:19-20

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: