Thursday, April 04, 2013

That Is Why We Never Give Up. Though Our Bodies Are Dying, Our Spirits Are Being Renewed Every Day.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Judges 19; Judges 20; Judges 21; 2 Corinthians 4

That Is Why We Never Give Up.

Though Our Bodies Are Dying,

Our Spirits Are Being Renewed Every Day. 

Scripture

2 Corinthians 4

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Observation

Giving up … is not an option for those of us that live for Christ! Our bodies are dying. So true! But our spirits are being renewed every day.

So our present troubles are small and won’t last long. Yet they will produce something glorious that will last forever!

We must look beyond the troubles we are experiencing now and fix our gaze on the things that are invisible. Because the things that we cannot see right now are the things that will last forever.

Application

 I will not give up. I will fix my gaze on the things that I cannot see and I will not let any current troubles/circumstances dominate my thoughts or my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Help me to trust totally in You for everything. Remind me when I begin to worry that my current troubles are small potatoes compared to what I am going to experience later with You. I know that what I am going to experience far outweighs anything that I may go through right now!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: