Monday, April 08, 2013

Church … Take A Minute To Read This Blog …It Is Short! “I Want You To Excel Also In This Gracious Act Of Giving”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 3; 1 Samuel 4; 1 Samuel 5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8

Church … Take A Minute To Read This Blog …It Is Short!

“I Want You To Excel

Also In This Gracious Act Of Giving”

Scripture

2 Corinthians 8

Since you excel in so many ways—in your faith, your gifted speakers, your knowledge, your enthusiasm, and your love from us—I want you to excel also in this gracious act of giving.

You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.

11 … Give in proportion to what you have. 12 Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.

Observation

Giving is always a test! I don’t know about you but giving and being generous is a struggle for me most of the time. God says, “Test Me” by giving! I know that He promises that every time I give with an eager heart that He is going to bless me way more than what I gave. He promises to do it. It is the only area in life where God says to put Him to the test!

Yesterday, as I had the opportunity to encourage people to give $1 for a Hawaiian Shave Ice telling them that the proceeds was going to go for Crystal Snow to help her go as a missionary to the Amazon jungle it was interesting to watch the responses.

True, the cups were small and the actual cost of making one of those delicious mouth watering, brain freezing, and absolutely refreshing drinks did not add up to one dollar … but!

Some people gave very generously and gave more than a dollar and many gave when they didn’t even need to do so. (I was telling everyone that the children’s shave ice (not teenagers) was free and that the adults and teenagers should give one dollar if they could).

 A few (very few) acted like the treats should be free and that it was painful to give a little dollar … even if it was to help a missionary go to the Amazon jungle!

I think this ministry will be a learning experience for everyone.

Every time we have Hawaiian Shave Ice there will be a small cost and the proceeds will go to help out a missionary or a mission organization reach the lost for Christ!

Paul was educating the church at Corinth to be generous in their giving and we are going to do the same at Christ Fellowship!

Let me share with you … Giving … it is something that I struggle with too!

Here is my example and your example for how we should give. It is found in 2 Corinthians 8:9,

You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.


Application

This week I plan to do a better job of giving in all areas of my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You promise to bless me in proportion to how I give. Help me to be generous this week. Don’t let me be stingy. Show me who I need to serve and let me do it with all my heart. Show me where I need to be generous and help me to give eagerly. You are and have been so generous to me. I am blessed. Help me to be a blessing to those around me. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: