Tuesday, April 23, 2013

If Good People Correct Me, I Will Consider It A Good Thing.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 27; Psalm 141; 1 Chronicles 9; Matthew 10

If Good People

Correct Me,

I Will Consider It A Good Thing.

Scripture

Psalm 141

Lord, help me control what I say.
    Don’t let me say anything bad.


Take away any desire to do evil.
    Keep me from joining the wicked in doing wrong.
    Help me stay away from their feasts.


If good people correct me,
    I will consider it a good thing.


If they criticize me,
    I will accept it like a warm welcome. (ERV)


Observation

If people don’t care enough about us to correct us when we go off track (and all of us will get off track at some point) then they really don’t care very much about us. 

Someone who I love very much recently has taken a step backwards in his Christian walk. I care about him very much. During the night as I was praying for he and his wife I realized that I needed to call him and set up a time to talk to him about what I see as destructive behavior. 

How he receives what I say really depends on him and how well I am able to express myself to him when we talk. My attitude and my motives need to be right with the LORD when we talk. 

It is my prayer that he will have the attitude that this Psalmist had when he wrote the words to Psalm 141. “If good people correct me, I will consider it a good thing. If they criticize me, I will accept it like a warm welcome.”

Application

I will pray that this person accepts my counsel and I will pray for God to give him a change of heart and a teachable spirit. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and I know that I am capable of veering off course in my life too. I pray that You keep me close to You. I pray that You help this friend accept my words when I speak to him. Give him a teachable spirit. I pray for him. I pray that he would understand how much You want to use him in the lives of so many people. You want him to be salt and light in this world and if he is going to be a godly influence for You then he can’t yield to ungodly temptations and live like he did before he put his faith and his trust in You. Open his eyes LORD. Open his eyes. Show him his potential. Help him to see how many people are depending on him to live a godly life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: