Thursday, June 13, 2013

But I Focus On This One Thing: Forgetting The Past And Looking Forward To What Lies Ahead, I Press On To Reach The End Of The Race.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 13; 1 Kings 14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3

But I Focus On This One Thing:

Forgetting The Past And Looking Forward To What Lies Ahead,

I Press On To Reach The End Of The Race.

Scripture

Philippians 3

…But I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Observation

It is so easy for us to live in the past … don’t kid yourself … the past wasn’t all that great! And even if it was, it is over … done with … finished … get over it!

The future … I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize!

Paul was always looking ahead! Even when he was sitting in a prison cell he could be excited about his future! He saw his life from God’s point of view, from God’s perspective. As Pastor Bruce would say, “He was able to see things from 30,000 feet!”

Circumstances and life’s troubles can cause us to lose focus on running and finishing the race! Hey … there is a heavenly prize at the end of the race, which we are going to receive. So don’t give up now!

Application

 I will focus on this one thing: I will forget the past and I will look forward to what lies ahead! I recommend that you do the same thing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will focus today on this one thing: I will forget the past and I will look forward to the future. I will press on to reach the end of the race. And I will receive the heavenly prize for which You, through Christ Jesus, is calling me. I pray for my son Eddie today on his birthday. I pray that You bless him. May Your face shine on him. Draw him close to You today!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: