Friday, June 14, 2013

Fix Your Thoughts On What Is True, And Honorable, And Right, And Pure, And Lovely, And Admirable. Think About Things That Are Excellent And Worthy Of Praise.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 15; 2 Chronicles 13; 2 Chronicles 14; Philippians 4

Fix Your Thoughts 

On What Is True, And Honorable, And Right, And Pure, And Lovely, And Admirable. 

Think About Things That Are Excellent And Worthy Of Praise. 

Scripture

Philippians 4

One final thing … Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Observation

Here is something that will help with depression and that bummed out feeling: Fix your thoughts on what is true.

Most of the junk we worry about is not even real and will probably never happen so fix your thoughts on what is true. How about thinking about all the great things that God has done in your life?

Fix your thoughts on what is honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. This would rule out most of what is in the newspaper, magazines, on television, or on the Internet!

Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. My God, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, and my friends at church all fall into this category!

Application

I will fix my thoughts on the right stuff today according to Philippians 4:8. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding me today through Philippians 4 that I don’t need to worry. I need to trust You. Help me to fix my thoughts on the right things today and not on things that will mess me up. You will take care of me and You will supply all of my needs from Your glorious riches, which have been given to me in Christ Jesus. Now all glory to You my Father forever and ever! Amen.  (Philippians 4:19-20 Eddy Paraphrase)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: