Monday, June 17, 2013

You Will Share In All His Glory


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 20; 1 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 17; Colossians 3

You 

Will Share

In All His Glory

Scripture

Colossians 3

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

Observation

Since you and I have been raised to new life with Christ … we should live like it!

Don’t get all wrapped up in the small details of this life to the point that we miss out on the really important eternal stuff.

Today is Kathy’s birthday!

Now that is big important stuff! If you are smart you don’t miss your wife’s birthday!

I went all out and I took her to get tacos this afternoon at our favorite little Mexican restaurant down the street!

We would have had birthday cake tonight at small group but we had to cancel our small group to go to a visitation for Kathy’s sister Debbie’s father in law who passed away last week. But the ladies at church made a cake for Kathy today and she brought some of that birthday cake home that was left over after their celebration!

So hopefully we will keep the celebration going and eat some more cake in a few minutes.

Now back to this passage …

Glory … one day we will share in all Christ’ glory! Wow! I can’t wait!

Application

I will strive to keep my focus on the real important kingdom stuff and not on the things that really don’t count for God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to waste my time on stuff that doesn’t matter. I pray that you lead me to men that want to grow in Christ. Give me the wisdom to know how to help them to become the mighty men of God that You want them to be. 

I pray for Kathy today on her birthday. Bless her with good health. Continue to bless her with great friends. Use her life to extend Your kingdom. Bring ladies into her life that need a closer relationship with You and let her help them grow in Christ! She is Your greatest gift that You have ever given me next to my salvation and my relationship with You!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: