Saturday, June 29, 2013

They Claim To Know God, But By Their Actions They Deny Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Amos 4; Amos 5; Amos 6; Psalm 86; Psalm 87; Titus 1

They Claim To Know God,

But 

By Their Actions They Deny Him. 

Scripture

Titus 1

16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Observation

I remember when I first became a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was working at Disney World and we were building the monorail around the park. There was a full crew of Millwrights and we were waiting for the monorail beams to come all the way across the country from the state of Washington. 

Since we had plenty of time on our hands and nothing to do we started playing nickel and dime poker. I learned very quickly that if you play nickel and dime poker all day long you can lose a lot of money!

It was during this time in my life when I was first confronted with doing something that contradicted my new relationship with Jesus Christ. Our general foreman was not a believer and I can still here his words to me (the new Christian) when he exploded at me and said, “How can you call yourself a Christian and gamble like you do. No Christian would do that!”

Wow! God used an unbeliever to give me a spanking and God showed me that what I was doing was not a good witness on my job!

Later as I grew as a Christian I realized that people are always watching me.

Our walk has to match our talk!

Application

I will strive today to live in a Christ-like way. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live out this day in a way that pleases You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: