Sunday, June 02, 2013

Listen To Your Father, Who Gave You Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 22; Proverbs 23; Proverbs 24; Romans 14

Listen 

To Your Father,

Who Gave You Life

Scripture

Proverbs 23

Listen to your father, who gave you life,
    and don’t despise your mother when she is old.

23 Get the truth and never sell it;
    also get wisdom, discipline, and good judgment.

24 The father of godly children has cause for joy.
    What a pleasure to have children who are wise.

25 So give your father and mother joy!
    May she who gave you birth be happy.

Observation

My father never took me to church or taught me anything about God, but he was very wise when it came to a lot of other things. He taught me how to work hard. He taught me never to be afraid of trying to fix something. I watched him tear a lot of stuff apart and most of the time he was successful in fixing it.

He taught me to love fishing. And my love for the water, the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay I am sure came from spending time working on our boats and fishing for Pompano with him.

He did not miss any of my football games and I know that he was proud of me. So with all of shortcomings my Dad was still wise in many ways.

I hope that my children will say the same thing about their Dad when I am not here. (I am not planning on going anywhere any time soon!)

Application

 I will continue trying to be the kind of Dad that my children should listen to so I can make them proud.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, being a Dad is hard work. I messed up a lot as a Father as my children were growing up. Help me to do better for them as they live out their lives as adults. I pray that You give me the wisdom to know how to still help them when they need it. Give me the wisdom I need to be the very best Dad and the very best Grandpa. Help my children to live godly lives. Help them to lead their children in a way that will cause my grandchildren to love You. You are an awesome Father.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: