Tuesday, June 04, 2013

People Who Conceal Their Sins Will Not Prosper, But If They Confess And Turn From Them, They Will Receive Mercy.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 28; Proverbs 29; Psalm 60; Romans 16

People Who Conceal Their Sins Will Not Prosper,

But If They Confess 

And Turn From Them, They Will Receive Mercy. 

Scripture

Proverbs 28

13 People who conceal their sins will not prosper,
    but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.


Observation

 I am amazed at how hard we can try to hide sins rather than confess them and turn from them. Don’t kid yourself … people know … and of course God knows … and those sins cause tremendous destruction. 

Accountability and humility go hand in hand. Show me someone that allows people to hold them accountable and I will show you someone that has learned the lesson of brokenness and has learned to walk in humility. 

While you and I hold on to our secret sins we can’t be used by God to help others deal with their struggles. 

God wants to use you and God wants to use me. But we must be willing to come completely clean and confess those secret sins and turn from them. 

It is a love problem. 

We must love God more than we love the pleasure that we get from any sin that has its hooks in us. 

    But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8    

Application

I will guard myself from the sin that can quickly slip into my life. I will continue to encourage folks to get involved in Celebrate Recovery where men and women find help with life’s hurts, hang ups, and habits.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am no different than anyone else. I know that if I allow it sin would dominate and control my life. I pray that You never let that happen. I pray that You allow me to help those that need to turn from sin and self and turn to You. I realize that I could be in the same position that they are in and it is only by Your Grace and Mercy that right now I am able to experience Your joy and Your peace. I am a sinner just like everyone else and capable of any sin that I see others struggling with. Don’t let me yield to the temptations that come my way. Keep me from sin. You are the Mighty God. You are my Fortress. You are my Strength.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: