Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Devote Yourselves To Prayer With An Alert Mind And A Thankful Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; 2 Chronicles 19; Colossians 4 

Devote Yourselves To Prayer

With An Alert Mind

And A Thankful Heart

Scripture

Colossians 4 

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Observation

As I read Paul’s letters Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians I have to keep reminding myself that Paul was writing these letters while he was in prison. Would you and I write letters to churches like this if we were in jail? I don’t think so!

Paul says that we are to pray with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Are you and I prepared to pray like that?

    Always keep on praying. [18] No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

    Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Praying with a thankful heart! It is key for me and for you if we are going to have a successful prayer life. 

 Application

I will pray today with a thankful heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have so much to be thankful for today. I have my wife, my children, my grandchildren, and my church. You have been working in the lives of my children and Kathy and I are filled with joy over what You are doing. I pray to You today with a very thankful heart.

“Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of--infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.” Ephesians 3:20


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: