Tuesday, June 25, 2013

God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity, But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Joel 1; Joel 2; Joel 3; 2 Timothy 1

God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear

And Timidity,

But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline.

Scripture

2 Timothy 1

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Observation

Yesterday someone who is very close to me asked me if I was depressed or if I was afraid. She asked me this because I have not been myself for the past week and a half. I have been experiencing chest pain – angina. It makes me irritable, tired and I pretty much don’t feel like doing anything but staying in bed. But I am not depressed. I am not afraid. Grouchy yes but not depressed.  

I have been given a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. God’s Holy Spirit lives in me!

I may have to learn to live with pain. I believe that the Apostle Paul’s body constantly hurt him. Just look at what he went through. Think about all the suffering and torture that he endured. I have experienced nothing compared to what he and so many around me have experienced. 

Here is what the Apostle Paul said about all of his suffering:

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:7-12;16-18

Application

I will fix my eyes on what is unseen. I will fix my eyes on what is eternal. I will not lose heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my friends who are going through such difficult times right now. They have it a lot harder than I do. I pray for Pastor Greg Floyd. I pray for complete healing for him. Touch his body and correct those things that are causing him so much difficulty after his surgery. I pray for Jeff Holley. I pray that You completely heal his foot and that he would have no more setbacks and I pray for a total recovery. You have not given us a spirit of fear or timidity. You have given us a Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: