Saturday, June 01, 2013

Let Us Be Christ’s Men From Head To Foot, And Give No Chances To The Flesh To Have Its Fling.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Proverbs 19; Proverbs 20; Proverbs 21; Romans 13 

Let Us Be Christ’s Men

From Head To Foot,

And Give No Chances To The Flesh To Have Its Fling.

Scripture

Romans 13 

11-14 Why all this stress on behavior? 

Because, as I think you have realized, the present time is of the highest importance—it is time to wake up to reality. Every day brings God’s salvation nearer. The night is nearly over, the day has almost dawned. 

Let us therefore fling away the things that men do in the dark, let us arm ourselves for the fight of the day! 

Let us live cleanly, as in the daylight, not in the “delights” of getting drunk or playing with sex, nor yet in quarrelling or jealousies. 

Let us be Christ’s men from head to foot, and give no chances to the flesh to have its fling. (Phillips)

Observation

I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 19 years old. I did not grow up in a Christian home. My parents never took us to church, not even one time that I can ever remember! I grew up in sin.

My life today must be different!

I must not let myself think about ways to indulge in evil desires. Instead, I must clothe myself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. I must be Christ’s man from head to foot! I must live cleanly, not giving in to the “delights” of getting drunk or playing with sex …

 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. 

(NLT) Philippians 4:8-9

Application

I will be Christ’s man from head to foot today! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live out these verses. Give me the strength to be Christ’s man from head to foot today. Help me to fix my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Help me to think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: