Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Keep Reminding God’s People Of These Things.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jonah 1; Jonah 2; Jonah 3; Jonah 4; 2 Timothy 2

Keep 

Reminding God’s People

Of These Things. 

Scripture

2 Timothy 2

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things …

Observation

Why do children need to be reminded over and over again about things? It is the same why we adults must be reminded over and over again about things – we forget!

Over and over and over again God teaches us not to be afraid. Why? God chooses to repeat this truth over and over because our default button is naturally set to that of fear and lack of trust.

It was interesting this morning as we read about Jonah that Jonah knew God would forgive the people of Nineveh if he went and preached repentance to them. What was funny was that even though Jonah knew that God was so good. Remember that he said this to God, “I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.” God’s goodness was Jonah’s reason for trying to run away from God.

He remembered that God was all loving, all compassionate and all gracious, all forgiving, but Jonah didn’t remember that God was also “Omnipresent” and “Omnipotent”.

We are like Jonah! We need to be reminded!

Application

I will continue to remind people and myself of all God’s attributes.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy to forget what You have told us in Your word. Sometimes we forget because it is convenient especially when we want to sin. Other times we truly do need for someone to remind us. Today I am deciding to trust You and what You say in Your Word. 

I agree with Jonah when he said, “In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me. From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help, and you listened to my cry. … “But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: