Friday, June 28, 2013

Keep Your Head In All Situations


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Amos 1; Amos 2; Amos 3; Psalm 80; 2 Timothy 4

Keep Your 

Head 

In All Situations

Scripture

2 Timothy 4

But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Observation

Paul is writing to his disciple Timothy. Paul will soon be put to death and he is giving Timothy some last minute instructions on how to live a godly life. Paul tells Timothy to keep his head in all situations! Don’t lose it! Keep control. 

When we lose it – we lose. Pastors can’t afford to lose it. Christian leaders can’t afford to lose it. We must stay focused. You and I must stay focused. 

There are a million things that can cause us to lose direction. False teachers can always sweep us up with some crazy notions that sound good but are contrary to the Word of God. Troublemakers can cause us to lose our heads. The Devil loves to use religious people to nail us. Dealing with problems and problem people can do it. 

So it is good to have this reminder today to “keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.”

Application

I will keep my head today. I will stay focused.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for the leaders of Christ Fellowship. Help all of us to stay focused. Thank You for Your Word and for what it says to me everyday. Help us to endure hardship when it comes. Help me to do the work of an evangelist and to do all that I can in ministry. Help me to keep my head today no matter what happens.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: