Friday, October 03, 2014

As Soon As I Pray, You Answer Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 5,6; Psalm 138; Luke 16

As Soon
As I Pray,
You Answer Me

Scripture

Psalm 138

As soon as I pray, you answer me;
    you encourage me by giving me strength.


Observation

King David realized that his God was listening to his prayers and God didn’t wait or put off answering him.

Sometimes I think that our not seeing God’s answer to our prayers leads us to believe that He has not answered or maybe even that God doesn’t care. David knew God was answering him even if David couldn’t see the answer.

I remember reading in Daniel where Daniel had prayed and God answered his prayer immediately by deploying the angel Gabriel to earth to better explain God’s plan to Daniel. But the angel Gabriel got held up because of spiritual warfare and didn’t arrive until many days later. Daniel 10:12-14

    'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

16 But I will call on God, and the Lord will rescue me. 17 Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice. Psalm 55:16-17

Application

I will take this verse by faith and I will hold onto the fact that God hears and answers me when I pray to him.

 Prayer

Because You are my Heavenly Father I have everything that I need. I will call on You and You will rescue me. Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and I know that You hear my voice. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: