Friday, October 10, 2014

Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Nehemiah 3,4; Luke 23

Today
You Will Be With Me
In Paradise

Scripture

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”

40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? 41 We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Observation

The thief on the cross did not deserve to go to paradise. You and I don’t deserve to go either.

Are you going to paradise when you die?

Jehovah Witnesses talk a lot about paradise. In fact, from what I understand they think that Heaven is already full and if you are good and do the right things then you will get to live in paradise here on Earth.

Heaven is not full! But you and I can’t get there by being good or doing the right things.

You and I just like the thief on the cross do not deserve to go to Heaven. We deserve to go to hell.

In those moments on the cross this one thief realized that he was nailed next to Deity. He realized by faith that Jesus was Who He claimed to be and the thief trusted in Jesus for his salvation.

    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our . Lord Romans 6:23

Eternal life is a gift. Have you received the Gift of Eternal Life?


    But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12


    "I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. John 5:24

   
Application

I know that I will go to Heaven when I die. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Eternal Life. I will never perish. No one will snatch me away from You, John 10:28
   
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: