Wednesday, October 08, 2014

But She, Poor As She Is, Has Given Everything She Has


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 9,10; Psalms 131; Luke 21

But She,
Poor As She Is,
Has Given Everything She Has

God doesn’t bless my stinginess … yours either!

Scripture


Luke 21

21 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”

Observation

What does the story of the widow and her giving her two small coins have to do with you and me? Everything!

Jesus was teaching us a huge lesson on kingdom living. The lesson at least for me this morning is this: God is not concerned in the amount of my offering, but He is watching how much I hold back for myself. God is concerned with how I use the resources He has provided me. 

Do I trust Him with everything? Does my giving reflect my trust in Him?

I know businessmen that understand this spiritual truth. They are very generous and God blesses them because of their generosity. I also know some businessmen who just don’t seem to understand this kingdom principle and they struggle, really struggle.

But let me get back to me … everyday I am tested with how much I trust my Heavenly Father. He watches me as I make choices. Will I choose to be generous or stingy? God doesn’t bless my stinginess … yours either!


38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38


Application

I will look for ways to be generous this week. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to think about this passage as I go about my week. Show me ways that you want to be generous. Don’t let me be stingy. Help me to trust what You say in Your word when you say, “ Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: