Monday, October 20, 2014

The Church Prayed Very Earnestly For Him


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Church Prayed
Very
Earnestly For Him

The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

Scripture

Acts 12

But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.

Observation

Yesterday during our 11:20 worship service our church prayed specifically for 2 people who are facing very serious health issues. We believe that God responds to His children when they pray.

Right now there are so many people on my heart who need my prayers. I have so many that are dealing with sickness, and way too many that are dealing with broken relationships.

I am so glad that God cares. He wants to hear my requests. He wants to show me that He is more than able to meet those needs.

Who is on your prayer list that needs to be lifted up right now? Maybe you need a miracle yourself?


    'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
James 5:13-16
   
Application

I will pray for those around me.  I have faith that God hears me. He will answer my requests.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is the confidence I have in approaching You: that if I ask anything according to Your will, You hear me. [15] And if I know that You hear me--whatever I ask--I know that I have what I asked of You. 1 John 5:14-15 (personalized)

 Daily Bible Reading Job 6,7,8; Acts 12

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: