Wednesday, October 15, 2014

For The Lord … Says He Hates Divorce And Cruel Men. Therefore, Guard Your Passions! Keep Faith With The Wife Of Your Youth.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Nehemiah 13; Malachi 1,2; Acts 4

For The Lord … Says He Hates Divorce And Cruel Men.
Therefore,
Guard Your Passions! Keep Faith With The Wife Of Your Youth.

You were united to your wife by the Lord.

Scripture

Malachi 2

 

I’ll tell you why; it is because the Lord has seen your treachery in divorcing your wives who have been faithful to you through the years, the companions you promised to care for and keep. 

15 You were united to your wife by the Lord. 

In God’s wise plan, when you married, the two of you became one person in his sight. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. Therefore, guard your passions! Keep faith with the wife of your youth.

16 For the Lord, the God of Israel, says he hates divorce and cruel men. Therefore, control your passions—let there be no divorcing of your wives.

Observation

If your marriage didn’t work and you have experienced a divorce I want you to know that I am not trying to cause you pain today.

This passage is a reminder to me and to any other man that may be reading this that God takes our marriage commitment very seriously.

What do you need to change in your life and in your marriage for your spouse to once again feel like he or she is the #1 person in your life? Do it.

Do it today!

Malachi is talking to us men who have been married for a long time. He says to us, “guard your passions! Keep faith with the wife of your youth.” 

I am looking forward to celebrating 45 years of marriage with the love of my life on November 1st. She is the best gift that God has ever given me.

Application


I plan to remain faithful to the wife of my youth. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t ever let me neglect the wife of my youth. You were so good to me when You brought her into my life. I am so glad it was Kathy and not some of the other women that I see men married to. She is a keeper for sure. Bless her today. May Your face shine on her. Meet the deep needs of her life that only You can meet. Use her for Your kingdom, use her to help other women live godly lives and be good wives to their husbands. 

And help the men of our church love their wives as Christ loves the church.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: