Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Church Then Had Peace, And It Became Stronger … And With The Encouragement Of The Holy Spirit, It Also Grew In Numbers.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Church Then Had Peace,
And It Became Stronger …
And With The Encouragement Of The Holy Spirit, It Also Grew In Numbers.

It is my desire to be used by God to change my world. How about you?

Scripture

Acts 9

31 The church then had peace throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria, and it became stronger as the believers lived in the fear of the Lord. And with the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, it also grew in numbers.

Observation

I believe that the church should always being growing. I don’t want our church to ever stop growing. I want us to reach the city of Tampa for Jesus.

I believe that we can do just that.

For our church to grow numerically we need to always have the ingredients found in Acts 9:31: 1. Peace within the fellowship 2. Church members must be growing stronger in Christ. 3. We must have the encouragement of the Holy Spirit.

The first century believers turned their world upside down. You and I can do the same thing.

Let’s start by allowing the Holy Spirit complete control of every part, every detail of our lives. No holding anything back, let’s give Him 100%!

Application

It is my desire to be used by God to change my world. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be more focused on the people around me than on myself. Guide me. Show me anything in my life that doesn’t please You. Show me any sin in my life that I need to confess. Use me in the lives of those around me. I pray for the couple that I talked with today. I pray for their marriage. Do a miracle in their lives for Your honor and for Your glory. Help them to fight for their marriage and not give up. Help our church to continue to grow. Help those in leadership live godly lives so the rest of our church can follow their lead.

Daily Bible Reading Job 3,4; Acts 8,9

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: