Saturday, July 18, 2020

But I say, “How Can You Show Me Your Faith If You Don't Have Good Deeds? I Will Show You My Faith By My Good Deeds.”


But I say, “How Can You Show Me Your Faith
If You Don't Have Good Deeds?
I Will Show You My Faith By My Good Deeds.”
Scripture
James 2
18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”
19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 
20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?
Observation
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.”
I don't know about you, but I run in to people who will say to me, “Yes, sure I believe in God.” In fact, very few people will say that they flat out don't believe in God.
What James chapter 2 says to me is this, “Eddy, if you have faith in God like you say that you do then your life needs to show it. There needs to be evidence that you are who you say you are. It should be reflected in the way you live.”
Application
I know that “good deeds” don't save me, but they must be part of my life if I am a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. So I will look for ways to express my faith by doing random acts of kindness for people as God puts them on my heart.
How about you? What “good deed” has God placed on your heart?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be a doer of Your Word and not a hearer only. Show me who needs to be encouraged today. Show me how Ican help someone today. Don't let me live this day for myself. Thank You for blessing me so much. Help me to be a blessing to someone else.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 32,33,34,35; James 2



No comments: