Friday, July 24, 2020

But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength. They Will Soar High On Wings Like Eagles. They Will Run And Not Grow Weary.


But Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Find New Strength.
They Will Soar High On Wings Like Eagles.
They Will Run And Not Grow Weary.
Scripture
Isaiah 40
28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 41
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Observation
Christians that I talk to in the hospital when I am visiting them will often say, “I just don't know how people who don't know the Lord make it through difficult times like this?”
When I hear them say something like that I am really encouraged. I am so glad to hear them say that because I know that they are trusting in the Lord to get them through their crisis!
What or who do you rely on when you are in a crisis?
Tomorrow's daily Bible reading has another great promise to help us get through difficult times. Maybe I will write about it tomorrow!
Isaiah 43:1-3
But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
    O Israel, the one who formed you says,
Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.

2 When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.

3 For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. ...
Application

I will trust in the Lord and soar with the eagles!

How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You have no equal. No one else has held the oceans in his hand. Only You have measured off the heavens with Your fingers. You are the only One who knows the weight of the earth or has weighed the mountains and hills on a scale. No one is able to advise You. No one knows enough to give You advice or teach You! You don't need anyone's advice. You don't need anyone to teach You. No one needs to tell You what is right or what is good, or what is just! (Isaiah 40:12-14 personalized as a prayer back to God.)
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 40,41,42; 1 Peter 3



No comments: