Monday, July 20, 2020

Don't Speak Evil Against Each Other, Dear Brothers And Sisters.


Don't Speak Evil
Against Each Other,
Dear Brothers And Sisters.
Scripture
James 4
11 Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. 
12 God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?
Observation
A critical and condemning spirit does not come from God … my job is to be obedient to the Lord and live my life humbly before Him. There is always the danger of thinking that I am right and everybody else is wrong. It is called having a critical spirit.
Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?
Colossians 4:6
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Psalm 19:14
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Proverbs 12:18
Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Matthew 7:3-5
3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 
4 How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? 
5 Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.
Application

I will focus on building people up and not tearing people down.

How about you? Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?
1 Thessalonians 5:11
11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to focus on ways to help people and encourage them and not find fault with them. I am a sinner just like they are. I am broken just like they are. Help me to point them to Jesus. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 29,30,31; James 4



No comments: